Wednesday, April 7, 2010

First Post and a Classic

I'm not usually the type of person who blogs, not much of a sharer and all, but I wanted to try something new so here it goes! I don't have much to talk about these days so a food blog seemed like the best idea, plus my mom has been telling me I should do one for awhile now. Hopefully I'll manage to keep someone interested.

Anywho! I figured that since this is my very first post, I should start with a classic. Probably the most well known cookie ever,
Chocolate Chip! Well, Black & White Chocolate Chip. I've been trying to cut down on my sugar intake (I know, criminal right?) but these are way too delicious. Thick and chewy and so gooey when warm. They didn't stick around very long.

Black & White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Modified from - Lovin' From the Oven (Because she's awesome and I stalk her blog like whoa)



2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used 70% Cocoa but that's not advised if you're not a dark chocolate lover)
1 cup white chocolate chips

1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.

2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the extracts, whole egg, and then the egg yolk until creamy. Mix in the dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in your chocolate with a spatula or wooden spoon, feel free to add in extra chocolate because I sure did. Cookies can be dropped immediately onto cookies sheets a heaping spoonful at a time or the dough can be chilled for a half hour or more for a chewier cookie. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.

4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment